April 14, 2015
Sweet Potato, Spinach and Feta Muffins
Pre-make at home
What You’ll Need
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups spinach (can substitute kale)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
What To Do
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil and place in a single layer on a 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, melted butter and milk with whisk until well blended
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir with spoon just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, spinach and cheeses. Divide batter evenly among muffing cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Refrigerate or freeze until camping.
- Heat up over the campfire or camp stove and enjoy.face