Granola is an excellent breakfast option for both camping and hiking. This quick to make and delicious granola is one of my favorites. Make it home before you hit the trail.
What You Need
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extra
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 320F
- Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chopped almonds, cranberries, cinnamon, and salt. Add maple syrup, vanilla and canola oil. Coat mixture well.
- Spread granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool completely. Divided into portions and store in sealed bags.
Additional Option – Add 2 tablespoons of powdered milk to each serving.
Ready To Eat
Add 1/2 cup of hot or cold water and stir well to enjoy.